Yesterday...
Bunco was such a hit. I couldn't be more pleased with the group of gals that we've found to play. We were laughing and talking and just having a blast the entire time. I was the only one here who'd ever played before, but once everyone learned the rules, it was such a great time. We've got a perfect mix of Japanese and American. Everyone was so generous and brought such wonderful food for lunch. The kids were awesome. I seriously had the most fun at a house party I think, ever!
Then for dinner, P was having a potluck so I whipped up some delish chilled pumpkin coconut soup in the VitaMix and headed over with the kids. I don't know why it surprises me when other people have misbehaved kids. Kids who whine and cry and steal cookies off of the counter and spill and eat in the bedroom and in the living room and are rude and mean and jump on the couch and not say thank you... you get my point. And I don't know why it surprises me when you have a get-together and everyone leaves without helping clean up the thousands of toys their children have pulled out. And when no one gets off of their butts to help clean up the food or dishes or even take their empty soda cans to the garbage. Shouldn't I be surprised by all of this? Yes. Parents should be responsible for their children at a friend's house. Children shouldn't act that way, even if they do at home. They should be more respectful of other people's things. Why aren't average parents these days teaching their children respect? I don't get it. To those of you out there who do teach your children respect, manners, and responsibility, I SALUTE YOU! One mom, who had a whiny boy who kept screaming at the top of his lungs said to me "I don't know what to do with him to get him to stop making this noise!" I replied "discipline. spankings. consistency." I don't think she liked that too much.
We slept over at Ps after the party... the boys laid in bed snickering and laughing until almost 11. Then were up at 645. I'm not sure what they were on, but the energy just didn't stop!
Now we're on to today...
Like I said, Mel and the boys woke up at 645 rearing to go. I was a louse on the couch while P fed them and drank her coffee. Home again home again, jiggity jig. Showered and packed a lunch and away we went. Had to meet this young couple AGAIN to show them the Delica. Really, people, what do you want from a $3000 car that is 12 years old, huh???? The guy is looking at my Delica and another one and trying to decide which one is better. Mine's a year newer, 13000 less km, has an iPod connection, and better tires and is available immediately. The other one isn't available for almost a month. I mean, really, what's to decide? And like I said... it's less than $3000! I just hope he buys it, that way I can get my little squished van and be pepping all over Japan in a car I wouldn't be caught dead in back home! haha!
Tonight for dinner we went to one of my fave local cafes. It was oh so yummy... but the portion size is quite small, so we were all a bit hungry after eating all of our food! Oh well. Portion control, right?
Nighty night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment