Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a tight lip

Yes, believe it or not, more complaining. But I'm starting to see a pattern here. It's all the Americans that I come into contact with that are rude. Maybe I'm getting used to being around the super polite Japanese people and so the Americans, when they're just being their normal self-centered rude selves, seem to be really cruel. (Now, don't go getting all hoity-toity on me thinking I'm calling ALL of you Americans rude... I have some really wonderful friends who don't have a rude bone in their entire bodies, but rudeness is more likely than pure, 100% niceness.) Hmm... just a thought. Hopefully it will make you think twice before telling someone something completely inconsiderate... (for instance, my pastor's wife said to me that I need to project my voice more in the mornings during Sunday Praise; and instead of saying something nice, she says...) " You need to get heard or get off the stage." Ummm... rudeness? Is it a bad thing that I want to help out in worship, yet I'm a little afraid of the mic? I mean, really, lady... I could have been rude back and said what I was really thinking (Edited to remove what I was really thinking. It was just too mean to leave in print.) Tomorrow I'll make sure people in Timbucktoo can hear me.

So there. See, I'm a normal American, just with a tight lip! Ha!

2 comments:

S and K said...

I will say that comment was totally rude. Good on ya for keeping a tight lip, lately I've been spring loaded to not keep a tight lip when it would be better for everyone if I did!

Okay, so last night at the mall, while in a coffee shop, M got out of her buckle and was standing in her stroller while I'm giving H her food. Some lady in the corner, and on her cell phone YELLS in a really snotty voice, "hey lady, your daughter is about to fall down...and I'm not sure not going to pick her up."

ME: Well, that's good that you're not going to pick her up because if you did I'd have you arrested for child molestation

S: (at the same time) great, because If you so much as stepped near my daughter

Talk about spring loaded!

Then I proceed to "correct" M's little behavior issue and we leave the coffee shop.

So. Cal is raging with RUDE people!

marrymei'llshowyoutheworld said...

where we live drivers are as rude as can possibly be...they honk constantly, they drive on sidewalks (that is not an exaggeration) and they constantly give other drives stink eye....sssooooo...I am turning left, still in my lane and a car coming from the opposite direction stops window to window with me and honks his horn and is screaming at me in the language of the country. Before I know it I have shown him the central finger on my left hand and screamed an unpleasant comment....I LTBGMD! I was so ashamed...for days...and I haven't done that again...except once, with Mom in the car…but that’s it!!!