Sunday, November 09, 2008

A long day

I'm here in my bed, headache, tired, sleepy even a little. The wind is whistling through my cracked windows. It's peaceful, and lonely again. We took Daddy to the airport this morning. On the way, I always pass this mall, so after the drop off, we went and checked it out. It is exactly like the mall near us. Same stores full of the same stuff. I didn't have such a great experience though. Maybe b/c it's not so close to the military bases...? I didn't see a single other American in there and I got a lot of funny looks, which doesn't normally happen when I'm out shopping. (Unless they're old ladies looking at Monkey's 'do. That happens a lot.) Anyway, one cashier over charged me by 100Y, then when she knew i caught her, she gave me back 50Y. Which didn't add up, but I let it go anyway. It was only 50 cents. Then as I was checking out this bookshelf I got for the kids, I was in a super long line, and the one next to me opened up, so I went over and when I got up to the cashier, she wouldn't ring me up and told me she was closed. Humph. That wasn't very nice. So I left the mall pissed off. And it could have been a great experience (found bookshelf, got Mel some super cute pink cotton mary jane type shoes on clearance, and had some really yummy food for lunch.)
So we headed back north towards home. We stopped off on base and had the car washed, then over to another local shopping area. There happened to be a clown giving a show. Monkey and Mel wanted to watch, so we sat down. He did some silly tricks, then asked for a volunteer. Absolutely no one held up their hand, so I told Monkey to. So he went up in front with the clown and got to spin plates on sticks! It was so adorable. I was so proud, I had to wipe a few tears away. He did such a great job. We and one other family were the only Americans there. He did such a super job. He's so great. He really enjoyed being up there. I took some pics with my phone, that I will post later when I find out how to do that.
Then we came home for just enough time to put together the bookshelf and get back in the car to meet P and the boys out for dinner. The restaurant we'd planned on going to was closed (bastards) so we went to another one, and it was pretty good. It's great to be able to order a meal and feed myself and the kids for 700Y (Just under $7).
We have lots of stuff planned for the next two weeks. We're going to a new mall with some fabulous food court, orange picking, cleaning the cars getting them ready to sell, I have 2 photo sessions, Bible study, dr's appts, my 9th anniversary, Monkey's 5th bday, starting a new Bunco group, a sleepover,and then we're having Monkey's bday party on Sat when Daddy returns! Whew!

No comments: