Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today is title-less, as I can't think of anything cute or quirky and I'm in that kind of mood.

This morning we got up and went to a fellowship with my Bible Study group. We're doing Linda Dillow's Calm My Anxious Heart. It's pretty good. Not like BSF that kept me on my toes, though. I go more for the great group of gals than the book itself. Sad, I know. But that's a fact I can't deny.

Then we went to the post office and ran into probably 10 people I knew. Very small base. That's what happens when Bible Study lets out... everyone does their errands on base before heading home. I picked up 2 packages and a piece of junk mail. When I got home, I quickly ripped into the boxes secretly hoping to have a surprise... I did... a new pair of work boots and magazines. Wait a minute- those weren't for me! Ha! Just kidding. (Now, Daddy is going to feel bad when he reads this... but I assure you, babe, you're the best gift I want and you can take me to Sabani again when you get home. And, again, just to remind you... if you come home with pearls or some other jewelry that i absolutely do NOT want, I'm kicking your butt. And talking to that lady over there about your future purchases.)

Sooo... back home to play with P's kids so she could have a break. While talking to Daddy tonight, he told me that he liked P and her family and he was glad that we were hanging out so much. I think that is probably his biggest compliment I've ever heard him give a woman. And I can only think of a few times he's ever said that. Those of you who know Daddy will agree.

Then we had dinner and I went to show the Delica to a newcomer to the area, who called me after looking at it and offered me $800 less than I was asking. Now, $800 isn't a whole heck of a lot of money when you're talking about a car... normally... but you have to realize that the asking price is $3300. So then it becomes a lot off, you see? Anyway, I told him I'd meet him in the middle at $2900. We'll see if he calls me back in the morning. =)

Tomorrow I don't have too much planned. Hopefully I'll get to meet this guy to sell him Daddy's car so I can go buy myself a new one! Yippee! (Hmm... had to spell check that.) Anyway, goodnight all.

No comments: