Monday, November 10, 2008
Cleaning Day
I hate cleaning day. Always have, always will, i guess. I woke up next to the baby. I vaguely remember scooting over so she had more room in my bed. Why oh why do I do that when I'm asleep? And how does she sleep so soundly when Daddy is home? Anyway, I also awoke to piles of laundry and two incredibly dirty cars in the driveway and a load of dishes in the sink and the kids room's untidiness was irking me. I began with the laundry, then into the kids room I went and pulled out every toy bin and made sure each toy was in its place. After my second load of laundry, I found Daddy's new iPod in the basin along with a pencil and 3 pens, one of which had opened and leaked all over the washer and his uniforms. Great. So down to the garage I went, kids in tow, to clean our cars. It took just over 4 hours, but we finished... to the best that we were going to anyway. Mine is clean. Daddy's is cleaner than it's been in the last 6 months, I'll tell you that. We vacuumed, scrubbed, windexed, wiped, and emptied. Then carried so much junk upstairs it took me and the kids 5 loads each to bring it all up. Whew! That was a long morning! Didn't realize it took so long, so we didn't eat lunch until 2!! Then I jumped into the shower to scrub it before washing, and headed over to church for praise team practice. It was a long and tiring day, but I got lots accomplished! So that was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment