So, being the frugal fanny that i am... when i noticed that the kids had broken their crayons into small useless pieces, i put them into baking cups and threw them into the oven to make "new crayons". I checked on them and they'd barely even begun to melt
, so the kids and i went into the den to tickle for a bit... just a few minutes later i checked on the crayons which had burst into flames. Now, i'm skilled at home economics... i took the class... got the home made boxers to prove it... but that part about smothering a fire... well... maybe they should have concentrated a bit more study time on that subject instead of how to stitch a wind-sock. I turned on the cold water in the sink and threw the pan of flaming crayons into it.................

and it exploded. Thank God that we don't have curtains above the sink. Thank God that I didn't light the entire kitchen on fire. It went out with a big splash of burned wax all over the place and smoke rose to the ceiling. That was a rush i've never experienced. My heart was in my throat. It's all cleaned up now for the most part. It sure stinks in here though. Stoves are so dangerous... you'd think that we'd have to take a safety class of some sort in order to use one of them. So this is for all of you fellow stove-operators out there... remember... only you can prevent kitchen fires.... smother... don't put fires out with water!!
and it exploded. Thank God that we don't have curtains above the sink. Thank God that I didn't light the entire kitchen on fire. It went out with a big splash of burned wax all over the place and smoke rose to the ceiling. That was a rush i've never experienced. My heart was in my throat. It's all cleaned up now for the most part. It sure stinks in here though. Stoves are so dangerous... you'd think that we'd have to take a safety class of some sort in order to use one of them. So this is for all of you fellow stove-operators out there... remember... only you can prevent kitchen fires.... smother... don't put fires out with water!!
2 comments:
How many boxes of crayons can you buy with $50?!?! I'm so buying you more crayons than you will know what to do with!
Oh my god! here...
http://crafts.kaboose.com/cookie-cutter-crayons.html
I looked it up and maybe you didn't put it on low heat??
I'm glad you are all safe!
Post a Comment