Just want to begin by saying "HappyAnniversary, Uncle C and Aunt C!! We love you!"
Last night, Mel and I made triple chocolate cookies for D and she came over and we watched Margot at the Wedding. It was an okay movie. Not that I'd watch it again, but it was worth the time. Kinda funny. Really good actors, not such a great story. You sure can see yourself in all of the characters, though. Guess that's the point. Anyway, we had a good girls night.
The kids got hair cuts this morning. Monkey's got a nice mohawk goin on and Mel's bangs got cut, just because she was having hair cut envy.
Today I was so freaking sore from working out... I decided to go shopping and make some returns. The kids were real troopers. We left the house around 11 and got home around 5. Wow- a long day of shopping for me! I don't think even Daddy would have lasted that long! We went to Ross and Target and a picture frame shop. We had luch at Target. We'd never done that before... but I forgot to pack spoons in our snack bag, so that's what happened. For less than $7, we each got a hotdog, milk (I opted for a soda), and yogurt. Not a bad deal. And the kids ate well, which is always nice being able to eat peacefully without feeding someone or yelling at someone to take a freaking bite.
I realize that today's Friday (because I took out the trash), and that normal people are sitting at home with their spouse or loved ones watching tv or talking over a glass of wine, or at a restaurant or bar or party... someplace having fun and relaxing. But for me, and the other SAH wives out there whose spouses are away... the weekends are just another day of the week. No sleeping in. No breakfast made. No breaks. Just another day. Thank goodness that this is my last one before coming to the east coast! In a week, I'll be shopping with Grandma. WooHoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment