Well, this morning was my last session of BSF for the year. Unfortunately, they don't have any classes where I'll be going... so it was my last session for a few years, sadly. When I picked up the kids from their classes, Monkey refused to say thank you and goodbye to his teachers... which he has done every week on his own and gets upset and goes back to the class if he forgets... which tells me that he was very sad that today was his last class, but didn't know how to express himself and his anger other than that. Poor little guy. I know that we'll find something that he likes as well as his BSF class in our new home, or at least I sure hope so! He really did love it. I'm hoping to get him into school as well as some sort of martial art... something that can help him learn a new skill as well as learning to obey on command, something that I'm sure all 4 year olds have a little issue with. Anyway, I'm a little sad to know that it's over, but I'm looking forward to learning some new things in our new home! And I'm looking forward to getting there in one sane piece!!
Today was overall a great day. After BSF, we came home to eat lunch and then played for a bit before meeting my girlfriend D at the gym. Yes, people, that's right. I said gym. And, while we were working out this evening, it started snowing! Crazy! (The rest of this is long and drawn out, mainly for Daddy, but you can read if you'd like.) Yesterday I went with D to LA Fitness to sign up for this 2 week free thing that I saw at our local Chinese takeout restaurant. When I went in, I told them that I wanted 2 weeks free and that I was moving in about a month. The sales guy told me I couldn't have the free 2 weeks and tried to get me to pay $30 for mar and $30 for april plus $20 per month for childcare. Hahahaha. Yeah right! So he went and got his sales manager, who told me that his sales rep had offered it to me too cheap and the lowest he could go was $150 for my time there. I said "Yeah, I don't think that working out for 2 weeks should cost me that much. Are you kidding?" To which he replied "Why do you want to work out for 2 weeks anyway if you're moving?" To make a looooong story short... I left there with a free week to work out this month and a 3 day pass for next month. I wanted so bad to tell him to shove his gym up his ass... but focused on why I was there: To work out for when I see Daddy, to feel better about myself, and to spend some time with my girl D and get her butt to the gym with me!! I left with what I wanted and although I had to sit there and talk to these 3 salesmen (they brought over the physical training manager too!) for an hour and be bombarded with ridiculous questions... it was worth it! D and I have had 2 great workouts and there's lots more to come... through next week, of course. Tomorrow I think we're just going to play racquetball... as I'm sure my body is going to be super sore! But, gosh if it doesn't feel good!! And, Daddy will be SOOOO proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment