So when I finally got up my gusto to get up, I had a hankering for something sweet... but not chocolate. And I wanted to share with the kids... so I took a peek in the pantry and the fridge, which are bare because we're trying to use up all of our food in preparation for moving. I grabbed two cans of light peaches (only 14 g of sugar per 1/2 cup) and threw them into a pan on the stove. When they came to a boil, dropped a mixture of bisquick and milk into the pan (a little less than 1/3 c milk to 1 c bisquick, I used 2 1/4 c bisquik total to cover the top of my pan. Then you'll want to lower the temp to med low and simmer for 10 min uncovered, then 10 mins covered) and voila!! Peach dumplings with very little work. Yummm. Hits the spot!
So, for all of you pray-ers out there, please pray that Daddy is able to be strong in mind as well as physically, that he is able to make good decisions and be a great leader, that the weather is good for camping out for a month, and that he is able to bite his tongue when necessary. (That's the big one. For all of you who know Daddy, know he can say things that maybe he sholdn't have said and can be a bit of a smart ass.) So, please keep him and me (cause we all know I need some sanity prayers!!) in your prayers and have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment