a good day! I woke up rather late (with the same headache, might I add, that I went to sleep with last night and the same one that kept waking me up about every 2 hours), which was because we went to bed rather late (dinner with the neighbor girls, fun fun fun!!). I had a phone call at 930 from a man who wanted to come look at my house... so all morning, I frantically cleaned. Thankfully the downstairs was pretty darn tidy... just picked up a few toys and shoes and cleaned off the countertops, did the dishes, minimal cleaning. Upstairs, though was another story. The kids playroom has a tornado hit it a few days ago and I hadn't been in there since to count the losses. The beds weren't made. The laundry was up to pile #5. The carpet needed to be vacuumed. The bathroom counters were a mess. Need I go on? Anyway, I got the whole upstairs cleaned. The guy still hadn't called me back and it was now 230. I called him, he said he'd call me back in 5, he never called. What a schmuck. Like I want to rent my house out to a guy who I can't even count on to make a phone call? What's he going to do when the bill comes in? But, nonetheless, the house is super clean, which is nice and I really needed to do that anyway. The kids weren't bad, really, all day long. We made dinner together (meatballs and spaghetti) and had a blast. I've given them chores to do now for dinner... Monkey gets the placemats and lays them out, I give him the silverware to lay out and the plates, and I give Mel the napkins (paper towels actually, yes, we're a paper towel family unless Grandma's in town!) which she throws somewhere towards your placemat. Monkey's been acting up at the table quite a bit since Daddy's been gone... I keep theatening to sit him in the dining room by himself, but he straightens up after that, which is good. We're looking forward to the next sunny day when we can go down to the water and dig in the sand again. Nothing like looking for weird things in the water with a bucket and shovel. It's so great to have kids to do those sort of things with... as I'm sure I'd look kindof funny down there by myself with my pink plastic shovel and yellow bucket!
I've realized what happens to a mother when her hubby is gone and she doesn't talk to adults on a regular basis... we begin to forget our proper vocabulary... we studder and we have awkward pauses in our speech because we can't think of that word that makes sense in our sentence... we begin to think that words like "boughten" are okay (yes, that is the past tense of "buy" with an "en" sound on the end of it. I use that word in particular because I've heard it from multiple of my friends. Want it in a sentence? "I haven't boughten groceries from Safe Way in a long time!")... in fact... we rarely even realize that they're not english. much less how to properly spell words. (now, if you find anything in my posts that is misspelled, it's probably a type-o. hee hee.) I'll leave you with that thought. Have a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment