




Woo Hoo! We finally had a sunny morning with no rain! The kids wanted to go to the park right down the street, but I dragged them out to the beach down the road. They had a grand 'ol time digging for worms, flipping over sand dollars, and squishing mud between their toes. I saw the rain clouds a-comin' so we packed up and headed back to the car after taking some quick shots with the rain reflecting the sunlight from behind the clouds across the sky. What a beautiful sight. It's those times like this morning that make the cluody rainy times like now seem not so bad.



Also, just for my good friend Faith, wanted to let you know that gelatto was easy to make. I've only had it a few times at a mall food court, so its not like I have a thousand flavors and textures to compare mine with, but it's darn good. I just tried
chocolate to start with, but it was so simple and yummy, I may try experimenting. I do like the texture more than ice cream. So silky smooth. Reminds me of those jello pudding pops I had as a kid. (Remember those?) Also kinda reminds me of this soy ice cream I used to get at Giant when I was little. Anyway, here are some pics. The mixture before cooling was much like a chocolate pudding, but after cooling, not quite as thick. Anyway, I hope that you, my cooking diva, might try making some yoursef!!! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment