We tend to forget how nice it is when we haven't had it for a while. I had almost an entire day today of it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I must say. This morning, the kids woke me up at 5am to potty. Then of course, my brain decided to start churning, and I fell asleep just in time (literally less than 10 minutes) for my alarm to go off. Damn I hate that alarm... or any alarm for that matter. We're trained to hate them... fire drills, seat belt not fastened, microwave beeping, smoke detector out of batteries... all bad things... you'll never hear the ice cream man driving down the street with an alarm clock hooked up to the loud speaker... but I bet that'd sure get 'em out of their houses, huh? Anyway, I had BSF this morning. Always fun and interesting... even if I sit by myself, which is a little sucky sometimes when you look around at everyone else chatting and giggling with their friends... but I can handle it. Then the kids and I ate lunch in the car in the parking lot and headed to Sally beauty supply for my stocking up of My favorite shampoo and conditioner for the next maybe 3-4 years (which I didn't end up doing because, hey, it might go on sale next month in the new flyer.) Sally ended up being in the Ross parking lot... which was lucky for Ross. I blew 3 hours and over $100 on summer clothes for the kids, Easter dresses, shoes, birthday gifts, etc., over half of which I'll be returning. Mel ended up asleep on my shoulder by the time we were done and I hadn't even stepped foot into Sally! When we got home, Mel slept on the couch as Monkey and I made the most amazing meat loaf (the BBQ one from food.com by paula deen... miss you my Melissa). Oh, and I also made roasted brussel sprouts... I don't remember liking them much as a kid, but when I had them at my fave restaurant with pork in a peach sauce, it was divine. Mel liked them well enough. She ate her two and then ate Monkey's one that he absolutely could not choke down, even smothered in butter and ranch. Guess I won't be buying those again. We'll just stick to good 'ol asparagus. Anyway, Uncle R came over when he got off of his looooong day at work and had some left overs, shared an entire pan of pumpkin golden raisin muffins, put the kids to bed with me, and chatted a bit. I love the fact that I am so intertwined in the lives of my in-laws that they are no longer just in-law, but I am actually a part of the fam. (Love all you guys!!)
Oh- and I got a pair of shoes today that I like, not love as of yet. And I wanted *your* opinion on them! I think they a) remind me of when I was 4 b) are super duper comfy c) will be absolutely hated my by better half d) look kinda funny cause you can see my toes through them, but I ALWAYS have nice toenails, so it really doesn't matter anyway.
What do you think? Keep 'em or take 'em back?
Darn, I'll have to post the pic later, as my camera is in the car!
No comments:
Post a Comment