If you're not Daddy, you may just want to skip this post. There will be lots of unnecessary complaining. (And may I say WAY unnecessary, K. Love you, keep it up girl. You're an inspiration.) My life is wonderful. Near perfect, in fact. Yet I still have crappy days. How is that?
I'm sitting here finishing up some leftover apple crisp and a huge bowl of Breyer's butter pecan (thank the big G for Lactaid!). In two separate bowls, because I had already scooped out my icecream when I was getting some water and noticed the crisp so lonely in the plastic cotainer, calling to me. Anyway... So I woke up tired this morning. More tired than usual. Probably because of the lack of sleep the night before last. But, I did have an amazing sleep last night. Neither of the kids bothered me all night... I say bothered me because I did wake to find Mel sleeping next to me. I'm not sure how she got there or when, but she slept peacefully, and that's really all that mattered. Monkey didn't pee the bed, which was a total bonus because I hadn't woken up to potty him during the night. We ate breakfast-- peach oatmeal, still trying to bare the pantry-- and headed out for some cottage cheese so we could make this amazing mac n cheese for lunch. We were a bit behind schedule though (Monkey really misbehaved in the store... well... misbehaved for my children. If my kids did some of the things I've seen other kids doing, I'd trade them in for new ones). Didn't get home til almost lunch time and the neighbors were coming over! Thankfully the kids are always up for a snack, so I gave them a yogurt to tide them over. We had a good lunch with some more adult conversation (thanks, Laura!) and the kids played semi-well together. Not as good as usual, but Monkey's been quite the brat today (hence my bad day). After the neighbors left, I went up and cleaned the play room, did some laundry (where does it all come from!?) and played with the kids a bit. We had leftovers for dinner (man, i love leftovers) and Monkey cotinued to be mean and make me so angry that I said the f word!! And not the pg-13 version, either. The real deal, folks. I felt like the worst person on the planet. So instead of fuming, I've since tried not to yell, tried to be calm, and do what's best for everyone's sanity. I sent Monkey to his room so I didn't strangle him and when he cooled off, he came back down and apologized for being a jerk. Then we were fine. It's amazing what a little separation time can do.
Monkey today says that he wants to call Grandma on his "microphone" (he can't remember to call his walkie-talkies walkie-talkies.). So I tell him that Grandma doesn't have the other walkie-talkie so he can't call her on that. His reply "Oh, yeah, mom, we can only call Grandma on the TV." (Which is true, we can only skype Grandma on our TV because our computer is hooked up to it.) But really, what a strange statement is that? I'd never have imagined that we'd be calling people on a tv! How technology truly changes everything!
So, now I'm sitting here typing, not because I love to or want to, but because my other computer that I watch tv on is posessed. My remote is acting up, the computer keeps selecting things that I'm not selecting, and it refuses to turn off. Seriously, my computer will not turn off. Hopefully it will be functioning properly for tomorrow's movie night with my girl friends!!
<3 Love you Love you Love you, Daddy. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment