Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fishing... Well... Kindof

Well, we're still here. Which sucks, only bc we were going to go to Disney in Tokyo. But we didn't get on the flight outta here. (For those of you not military... we are able to hop onto a flight already going somewhere if there are available seats. We go to the airport, check in at 4am, and wait about 2 hours to see if there will be any seats. Then we're called up and either given tickets, or given back our paperwork. The whole process completely sucks. You'd think they'd do something like real airports do with booking seats online or something, but this is the military, so they don't. And we just have to deal with it.) So... next Saturday, we'll be back at the airport at 4am to try agian. Let me tell you, packing, getting the kids up, getting out the door, to the airport, only to find out that we can't go anywhere TOTALLY SUCKS. Thank goodness that we didn't tell the kids we were going to Disney. They would have been crushed. Mel cried a little just because we didn't get on the plane. Ugh- can you imagine!? I don't even want to think about that... so let's change the subject, shall we?

Today we decided to take the kids fishing after church. They were asking to go for the longest time because they'd had so much fun fishing at Gma and Gpa's in June. So we go to church, come home and clean a little, get ready to go fishing, go to the store, buy new rods because, you guessed it, ours were broken in the move (again), get to the ocean... and the kids don't even want to HOLD the poles. No fishing involvement. They ate the dinner that we'd packed for them and Mel fed the (non existant) fish some of her bread crust. Then it started raining. We stayed there, thinking it might be a little sprinkling. It got worse. I went and grabbed an umbrella. It started to pour. We decided to leave. We got soaked. That was the extent of our fishing. I'm not sure if we'll do that again for a long time.

Ok, so I have a question for you... do you ever get hairs (pet hair, random small hairs lying around the house, etc.) stuck in the bottoms of your feet? I do. All the time, it seems. It's painful, too. Like sticking a really small needle into your foot. Like stepping on a thumb tack kind of pain. I think I may have the most retarded foot bottoms ever.

(Obviously, these pics were from before it rained on us.)

Here are some pics from today. There was this magnificent rainbow when it was raining. I think we may have seen a world miracle today... there was a double rainbow, and a rainbow in the cloud, too. Have you ever seen three rainbows at the same time? No? Didn't think so. ;)

Obviously, I'm in a mood. Not a bad one, but a smart-butt kind of mood. So, here is my little contribution to you when I complain about how much I miss this place when I move back in December... This is my oven/stove. It is tiny. It burns my english muffins. So I have to either set a timer, or sit there and wait. Cause that sucker goes from cold to literally on fire in about .5 seconds. And there are only 3 burners, and the one small one in the back is just about worthless, as its' not big enough really, to fit a pan on.

Oh- I forgot, one more... this one is my dishwasher. Notice the pile of dirty, rinsed dishes on the left, and on the right, the rack full of clean dishes. In the middle, you'll see my dishwasher. Oh wait... my dishwasher is taking the photo. That's right... I don't have one. Ugh... how could I forget!? Those yellow gloves and assortment of cleaning tools up there... yeah those... those are mine. And I hate them.

OK- goodnight all. =)

No comments: