Wednesday, January 07, 2009

When we were on our vacation, we ate four times at this Indian restaurant near Yokota AFB caleld Hatthi Indian Cafe. It was oh so yummy. So tonight for dinner, I tried to recreate those flavors into my own chicken curry dish. First I heated an onion with spices, then added a pureed cabbage head, carrots and apples along with those savory Indian spices. It was gross. Absolutely disgusting. Luckily, I remembered i still needed to add chicken stock! so some more spices go in, the stock, and the super duper yummy chicken i'd made and voila! Super healthy, super yummy chicken curry with a side of saffron rice and raisin naan bread for dessert! I am stuffed!
we're sitting in the lr watching chicken run (yes, i know, old movie, but we've never seen it. this is supposed to be a comedy, right? i don't think i've heard a single laugh yet.)
Mel is such a little piggy. She ate two bowls of curry tonight, a glass of milk, and now she's on her third piece of naan. lying on the couch on daddy with her eyes closed because she's so tired, and eating. my little pig. she's taller than Monkey was at this age. hopefully he'll hit a big growth spurt soon.

Daddy leaves the morning after tomorrow. bummer for me.

No comments: