Tonight's our last night together until about September. We went to church, came home, ate lunch, and sat around until dinner time. I'd told Daddy that he could choose whatever reestaurant he wanted for his last dinner. So he chose a really expensive one where he could order surf 'n turf. It was a super restaurant. We'd met the owner a few weeks ago when we went out for Italian food on New Year's. He owned that restaurant, too. They brought over Daddy's Maine lobster alive and picked it up so that it thrashed it's huge claws at him for approval. And off it went to the steam basket. I ordered a slab of prime rib with king crab legs. For dessert we had a piece of "mile high coconur cream pie" which literally stood off of the plate at least 8 inches. It was divine. And I had a coupon for free shrimp cocktails with dinner, which came out atop a smoking glass full of blue liquid. The kids meal came with a drink in a skull shaped cup with a maraschino cherry and a little plastic monkey hanging off of the straw. It was really an amazing restaurant. They even brought out a little pineapple shaped bowl full of lemon water to dip your fingers in after dinner. Oh- and when Daddy left his chair out when he went to the bathroom, the waitress came over and pushed it in for him... and it was up against a wall, not in the way whatsoever. For our last dinner together for the next 8 months, it was well worth every penny.
At dinner, Mel was pointing to the skull cup and the lady at the table next to us was giving her a dirty look because she thought Mel was pointing at her, so I told Mel that it is rude to point. The rest of the night, Mel was pointing with a closed fist instead of a pointy finger.
The kids got dessert with their meal, which I gladly split with them... little bite for Monkey, little bite for Mel, huge bite for Me.... Later I caught Monkey licking the shell plate like a dog while Daddy and I munched on our pie.
Tomorrow Daddy leaves at like 3am. I'll wake up cold and alone.
I've got to show the Delica to some people and then go to the grocery store. P and I are going to come up with a dinner schedule so we only have to cook dinner once every other night, which will be wonderful... both to cook only once every other night, and to have her company. I will be saddened that Daddy is gone, but I'll feel so blessed to be able to have such wonderful friends to fill our life. Until tomorrow......
1 comment:
Praying for you, the kids and my big brother.
Love you
Post a Comment