Monday, January 05, 2009

I've spent all morning in the kitchen. Cleaned the dishes and the kitchen in general from last night's dinner (Daddy's final dinner party before he leaves), made pizza crust (which I haven't done in about 6 months), and cooked the pumpkin from last november to store in the freezer for a future white chocolate cheesecake sort of day (it seemed to be just fine. no mold, no funny smells, anyone know for sure how long a pumpkin can last?). I think that's the most time I've spent in the kitchen since we've lived here. It was nice. Makes me miss a real kitchen. But also makes me realize that my little kitchen here will suffice.

The rigors of Daddy leaving has begun. Packing out his things. Rearranging the house. Buying food and supplies to mail. Preparing paperwork in case the unthinkable should happen. His new address is posted on the fridge. And tears fill my eyes. It's going to be a tough one.

But I have lots of stuff planned for myself and the tots. The business, I'm praying, will grow. The kids will begin school. Mel will start ballet or I'll put them both in gymnastics. Karate will be twice a week. Church, teaching Sunday school, and singing in the praise team. Bunco parties, birthdays, and more. Hopefully I will be able to fill the day-to-day with enough crap I won't have time to cry... or think too much. And by September, it will be all over. And we'll have to readjust. And this day will be just a blink.

3 comments:

patty said...

I'll be right there by your side to help in any way I can, just like you've been doing for me. Love ya!!

Faith said...

I'm so sorry that you're going to have to go through this too. It sucks, but somehow, you find the strength, and the days keep going by, even though you don't know how they can. God will give you strength when you need it and not before. You can do it!

S and K said...

Okay so we kept our pumpkins for 6 months before using them... if there is no mold, soft spots or smell, they're fine... Don't you love gourds!