Monday, July 14, 2008

Congrats are in order!

Congratultions to Lins and Alan! They married last week in SC where they first met many many moons ago and are now off on their honeymoon! Miss and love you!!

I've been pretty busy this week with swim lessons and karate and bible study. No time to take a ton of photos!

Daddy is back home safely. Apparently, we found out at church yesterday that Monkey is the reason Daddy is home early from the school he left for last week. In Sunday school, they ask the kids for prayer requests and when Monkey was asked, he said that he "wanted his Daddy home safely"... well, God surely heard him and answered his prayer with a quickness! Monkey was very excited to tell his teacher yesterday that God answered his prayers and his Daddy was home already. Over the weekend, we went to the port by our house where they were having these dragon boat races. The kids liked watching, but only for a short few minutes. In the photo above with the kids is Aki, a friend from karate class. He's 8 and I'm sure he could totally kick my butt. He and his family came over for dinner last night and he must have eaten as much as a 200 lb grown man would. I don't know where he puts all the food!


AND... we finally bought me a car! It's a 98 Mitsubishi Challenger (a Montero back in the US). It's dark blue with grey interior. I like it a lot... obviously since I actually bought a car. Not too big, not too small. Cold cold a/c. Gas not diesel. 4wd like Daddy wanted. And its funny how nice it looks compared to most of the beater cars running around here. It's really humorous that we think of a 10 year old car here as being "new"! Back home, we'd have nothing of the sort!! It has scratches on it and a little ding in one of the doors, cigarette smoke stains all over the ceiling and no reverse sensors or dvd player! I mean- ick! But here, it's a sweet ride. Ahh, the life.....
















1 comment:

Our Life said...

Sweet ride! What is that snorkel like object on the front left of your car? Another mirror? Whatever it is, it looks like a spy vehicle. I think you should decorate it:) Anyway, just being goofy. Miss you guys, talk soon!