
Any body remember that Heart song from long ago? It was a goodie. I betcha if you think about it, you'll even remember the tune "Till now I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you. And now it chills me to the bone. How do I get you alone?" Loved it didn't you. It played at the middle school dance where the boys were on one side of the cafeteria and the girls on the other. Ahh... the memories of being a kid.

But now, my alone is oh so different. I'm alone. Yes, my kids are sleeping peacefully in their bunks after a busy day. But I'm alone in the worst sense of the word. I'm not scared, I'm not anxious, I'm not crying, I'm not dying from boredom... but my other half is gone.... so I feel like I'm missing a piece of me.

Enough of that... let's get on with the blog...

This morning I woke up to a really annoying cell phone alarm, which scared the begeesus out of me, because I had had a dream that Daddy had taken a taxi to the airport, so I thought he was already gone. I jumped up out of bed and got ready to charge out the door so Daddy wasn't late to the airport since we didn't know 100% where we were headed. We got there in plenty of time to say a nice long goodbye and there were no security cops there to hurry us along. I found my way home rather easily and Daddy made it safely to his first destination just two hours away. Soon after we arrived home came the stubbornness and discipline soon followed... The kids were a few days behind on their workbooks, so I pulled them out and we began doing our daily routine. Mel is doing mazes, trying to stay in the path and make it all the way to the end without cheating and drawing a line straight from the start to the finish. Monkey worked on recognizing numbers up to 12 today and counted objects and wrote in the proper number. But he absolutely refused to say the number 7. I'm not sure why. He's not dumb. But certainly more stubborn than an ass. He would count the objects and write the number, but refused to tell me what it was aloud. We worked on his workbook until he stopped being a jerk... which was long after Mel was finished with her 5 pages for the day. After that, Monkey argued with me from his bed about how he wasn't tired and didn't need a nap... then he fell asleep for 2.5 hours. While he was sleeping, Mel was just the most perfect little angel. She sang songs, read books to herself making up stories, played with her dolls, drove the rc car around the floor, ate her lunch... she was soooo good. Then Monkey got up... and everything was back to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment