Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Karate
So tonight after dinner (thanks, D, for that stir-fry cook book... it's awesome and soooo easy. For those interested in making some super yummy, super easy dinners that look and taste like they're from your fave asian restaurant, look no further than easy stir-fry by... uhh... well... I'll have to let you know later. I can't find it online and I'm so not going back in to get it.) getting back to the story... after dinner, we walked drove down the street to the karate place to check it out. The sensei was very nice and spoke English pretty well, so that is a plus. Monkey will be starting his lessons on Thursday!! They start at 630 and go until amost 8, so it cuts into our bedtime just a bit... but it's only 5 minutes down the road, so it's not too bad. I'm really excited about it. Probably more than Monkey is. I'm going tomorrow to buy his outfit and I'll take some pics soon!! Also found out that the base that is 5 minutes away has swim lessons, so we'll be signing the kiddos up for that, too! So fun! (Just to fill you in, last week I looked into preschools for Monkey and Mel. I found that most of the schools here for young kids just let them run and play all day and do whatever the heck they want. No real teaching involved. Not exactly what I had in mind... So I've invested in some dvds and workbooks and after breakfast each morning, the kids and I have school before we get on with our day. Today Monkey did his 3's and Mel did matching shapes and sizes of objects (seems very easy, but the book makes it tricky). So anyway, since the kids aren't going to a school setting, we are putting them in all sorts of lessons like karate, swim and piano. And I am looking for a sitter to watch them and teach them the local language for a few hours a week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment