Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Surprise surprise

Mel's sick again. Actually, both kids are sick...snotty, sneezing, whiny... just Mel woke up with another ear infection this morning. Yuuuuck! My poor little girl. It seems like she just had one! We're going to try to avoid the dr at this point. I'm going to see if it will go away on its own this time. I felt like she didn't need the antibio last time, as it only hurt her for that one day.... but maybe it was the meds actually working...? Anyone have any experience with this or have any home remedies that actually work?

Oh- and I thought of one weird thing! I like to eat apples dipped in mayonnaise! Most people think that's totally gross!

3 comments:

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

I guess the cause of an ear infection is waxy buildup in their lobe because kids under 5 have a very small area where it can accumulate fast- hence the constant ear infections on some kids. MP's aunt (who is a nurse) said, if she is prone to them, she will get them a lot, and my boss at work right now said her one daughter got them ALL the time... and now she is telling me (while wagging her finger) that you HAVE to keep on top of those... or they keep coming back.

S and K said...

okay, apples and mayonnaise...definitely weird!


Praying for both kiddos and their sicknesses

Jennifer said...

From what I understand, an untreated ear infection can lead to hearing loss. You should probably take her in. :(