Today was an interesting day to say the least. Last night after I got home from a wonderful dinner prepared by the fabulous P, I felt like I'd been in a bull match and lost. I took some meds and hit the sack at 755. Yes, people, you read that right. Seven-fifty-five. I slept until 915. Yes, that was a record-breaking sleep session. I don't think I've done that since I was four.
Oh wait- let me back this train up a little. The kids have had double pink-eye. Both kids. Both eyes. Went to the doctor yesterday and got them some "eye drips" (as mel likes to say) and they're both doing really well.
Ok, so back to today... so I woke up to two rather hungry children, we ate breakfast, hung around a bit, as i was feeling pretty crappy. Then lunch time came around (and rather quickly, since I'd just gotten up!). As the kids were eating their taco rice (thank goodness for the Japanese to reinvent the taco!) Monkey was playing with the stool i'd been sitting on. Now, keep in mind this is no cheap, lightweight stool from target. Oh no. This is a 100% nice thick hard wood stool from the wood store. That sucker hit Monkey's foot with a crack! And blood flew everywhere. Spatters even on Mel's face. Monkey's toe is gashed open and gushing. I grabbed him and threw him in the sink to run water on it. It just recently stopped bleeding. He's been milking it all day, too. Laid on the couch with his head and his feet up on pillows watching LarryBoy all day in his jammies. Missed karate tonight. We have a karate presentation tomorrow that we are both supposed to be in. Guess we'll go and it'll just be me. Monkey and Mel will have to sit this one out. =(
In just two weeks, P and I are taking all of the kids on a vacation. We're going to.... Singapore!! Hello, yummy food, here we come! Why is it that my vacations revolve around food?
1 comment:
i am so sorry to hear about the toe! OUCH...please give Monkey a hug for me...and thanks Monkey for the beautiful card...I love it!!!
Mel...keep those eyes open for the drips...of course...pink is the Midge's favorite color!!
Hana hurt her foot in the RV steps. She got blood every where too! Only she didn't get to lay on the sofa...I hope! Take care...love dad amd grandpa
Post a Comment