Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Last night P and I got a sitter for all 5 kids and went to a party for the wives of the hub's work. It was fun, I guess. I did enjoy the food and heard some interesting gossip. And we did this thing that had everyone in tears... the hostess had gotten our husbands to write us letters, of which we passed around and someone else read your letter aloud and you had to guess which one was your own. Some were very short, some were very long, some embarrassing, some told stories, some the top 10 things they loved about their wives... mine was the best letter I've ever gotten and just thinking about it again brings tears to my eyes. It went like this...

I despise Valentine's Day, always have. To me it cheapens a great loving relationship with a single celebration and a show of what should be there 365 days a year. But, because I am gone, and because I get to tell everyone how important you are to me, I have written you this note...

The first time I saw your gorgeous face I knew that I had to have you. You were talking to another man and I was jealous. You made me nervous when I spoke to you and with just a few words I was hooked. I couldn't stop thinking of you. I still haven't. You accepted my proposal after knowing me for just eight days, and after more than 9 years you still accept all of my crazy proposals. You do more than just accept them, you support them. I couldn't do it without you.

I praise the Lord for you each day, not just because through you He has given me a family that is saved, but also because you make my time here on earth so much fun. I have never met another woman whose beauty surpasses yours. Your wit and humor keep me laughing all the time. You are an amazing mother, an adventurer and educator and you are raising two exceptional children. You follow me into the ocean and out into the woods. You keep me from going bankrupt and yet I still have more toys than the children. You love the things I love just because you love me. You are coordinated, intelligent and talented in so many pursuits. You are so honest, trustworthy and faithful, you are my only confidant. You are so very nearly perfect that it is hard to find a flaw. You are my best friend and I miss you horribly. I know you miss me too.

Happy Valentine's Day, Baby... and happy everyday. I am happy because I have you.


What a guy, huh? So on this Valentine's Day, here's to you, babe. You are the best. Ten thousand times better than I could ever even hope to be. I love you and miss you and I can't wait to touch your face. Love you more, most and forever.

After the party, P and I arrived back at her house for a sleepover. It was clean, the kids had been fed, and two of them had even brushed their teeth. They were relaxing on the couch watching a movie, and besides a little rough housing on the beds, they were angels. They were hungry again by the time we got back, so they finished up another pizza and went off to bed while P and I started to watch a movie. We began with "the brothers soloman". Probably one of the top 10 dumbest most pointless movies ever. Watched just enough of that movie to feel stupid and turned it off. Then we proceeded to watch "walk the line", which i like a lot... but didn't finish, as Mel kept waking up, then we got to talking and the movie just didn't make it back on. We chatted til after 1 in the morning and we were falling asleep. My eyes were literally crossing I was so tired... so off to bed we went.

Ok, so that was last night. Today was rather boring. Got up, came home, ate a little, showered, went to base to buy a gift for a friend who had a baby today, then back to Ps to pick up her and the boys to go to a "lonely ladies party" with potluck and gift exchange. Kids invited. There ended up being 9 adults and 20 children. It was freaking crazy. And in a tiny house. There was no relaxing going on at all. Too many kids. Waaaayyyy too many kids. There was some fab dessert though. And a fun white elephant game where I won a super cute white and red polka dot purse. So, all in all, not a whole ton of fun, but worth the purse and not having to make a whole dinner, I guess.

Anyway, off to bed. The weather's getting more and more humid by the minute. It's gonna be AC time again really soon.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Happy Valentine's Day! It's hard to be alone, but at least we're not really "alone". Plenty of little distractions. :) Hugs!