Last Sat we had a fantastic surprise party for Uncle Ryan. It was a huge hit. He especially loved the gifts... a bunch of over the hill items (hemmorhoid cream, depends, lots of old man vitamins, gas pills, etc.) as well as a few baby items from the older guests. When I asked the pharmacist in Safeway if they carried any sort of over the counter Viagara, as I was looking for some as a gag gift... he said "What's so funny about Viagara?" So I replied, "it's for my 30 year old cousin." To which he replied, "Like I said, What's so funny about that?" Hmm... guess I hit a soft spot on the old guy, huh? What a turd. Anyway, I made Ryan 60-some black bottom cupcakes from Vanilla Garlic and shaped them into the number 30 on the counter with 30 candles in them. (Ever since my great friend Faith has mentioned cupcakes, I've been drooling and searching the net for them. Finally making these, they were a delicious treat and so rewarding to make!) They were so yummy. I know some of the guests had up to 6 cupcakes!!!
We're still on the search for a church home. We've been going to the church where my BSF is held only because the children's program is so spectacular. We'll probably just settle and stay there. The pastor was better this last week, but not great. We're just way too spoiled by Pastor Stewart in Southside Baptist (Suffolk, VA) and Pastor Sean at Berean Baptist (Fayetteville, NC). They are truly passionate, God inspired, Bible-speaking men. Go if you ever get the chance. You'll never walk out of there feeling like you are sufficient without Jesus.
The dog was sick Saturday night from being in the back yard all afternoon eating wood chips. Then Mel was sick Sunday night. First time she's barfed in a looooooooong time. In fact, I can't even remember the last time. Lucky me. First in her bed, then in ours. That made for a fun two nights. Daddy let me nap though... which was super.Anyway, hope you've all been well!
1 comment:
Those cupcakes sound delicious! I'm so glad that I inspired you to try making them. They're these perfect little bits of bite-sized happiness! I might grow out of this phase eventually, but I really don't want to. More cupcakes for me!! Now to decide which to try out next... (BTW, did you check out the cupcake round-up at Vanilla Garlic? Wow!)
Post a Comment