Friday, October 19, 2007

Taste Testing

I've been back into cooking lately... experimenting with various recipes I've found online. Haven't found one that I didn't like yet. Using a lot of Emeril from Food.com. Just thought I'd share a few if you were in a cooking mood.....


  • Goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_26242,00.html?rsrc=search SOO worth the time.

  • Garlic and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_23423,00.html?rsrc=search Just made the pork and my own sides, including a caesar salad with home made croutons that were to die for, using cubed french bread drizzled with evoo and a sprinkle of Emeril Essence. I also used an apple juice reduction instead of oj (juice, a pinch of nutmeg, .5 tsp cinnamon, 2 Tb corn starch). apple juice goes so well with pork, and you don't have to add any sugar, so it was great for the kids.

  • MetballStroganoff. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_30049,00.html?rsrc=search This one I enjoyed b/c Monkey made the meatballs using a measuring teaspoon for me. It was a lot of fun with him. Go light on the dill.

  • Salisbury steak. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_25754,00.html I hve only had alisbury steakin microwave tv dinners, but loved it nonetheless. This recipe was super easy, and way better than I remembered those tv dinners being.

  • Sweet and sour sauce. http://southernfood.about.com/od/saucerecipes/r/bl30324q.htm I made tempura chicken in the deep fryer and rice to go along with this sauce. It's very gingery, I used powder, as I didn't have fresh, and it was a bit much. Would have been better with fresh. It's not the typical red sauce you get in restaurants that is just pineapple with corn starch and food coloring, but Way better.

  • I also made this today... this is my own recipe for a Breakfast Bread Pudding. Super simple and yummy. Just beat 5 eggs really well with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, add about 1.5 cups of milk, beat a little more, and pour over cubed bread of your choice. I used 2 day old French bread, cause that's what I had on hand. Add your favorite breakfast meat (I used sausage. In the past, I've used turkey, ham, and bacon. Use all or one, whatever you have on hand.) Let the mixture set for at least 15 mins. Add a cup of shredded cheese. Stir and pour into baking dish. Bake at 350 for an hour. You can also make this the night before and let it sit overnight so you just have to bake in the morning.

  • I had a lot of that bread to use up, so I made this Chocolate Bread Pudding as well. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_3887,00.html Easiest bread pudding I've ever made. I'm sure one with heavy cream and more ingredients (like some flavored liqueor) might taste better... but for the ease of this recipe, it's worth it!! Daddy had better hurry and get home if he wants any!

Ok, thats it for now. I've tried dozens lately. Just about every night I try something new. Let me know if you've tried any good recipes!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Oooh, yummy! I love it when people taste-test recipes and post about them! Awesome! The pork loin and chicken breast looks especially tempting...I'll have to try those as soon as I get back home.