Thursday, December 10, 2009

so... are you wondering where we are?

It's been a CRAZY few weeks!

Our schedule was jam packed. We set up our move and flights, sold my car, packed out two shipments, moved out of our apartment and into the on base crap hole TLF. That was in Oki last week.

On Friday at noon, we set out on our 10 day adventure. First we flew in to Tokyo. We stayed on base and ventured out to Tokyo to Disney World. The kids had no idea that we were going and they were really surprised... they had a BLAST even though it was packed like sardines and we had to stand in line for like two hours to ride anything. They were troopers. Monkey and Mel both went on Space Mt. and the Star Wars ride (which both left me wanting to puke) and came off happy as clams. Daddy was really proud.

On Monday we took the three hour long bus ride back to the airport. Monkey got car sick and puked all over the place. That was fun. Then we hung out at the airport for a few hours til our flight time. Then we loaded up the kids with motion sickness pills and knocked them out for the flight. Daddy and I tried to sleep, but it was impossible. At least the kids did, so it was manageable being so tired. Even though we took off at 7pm on Monday morning, we landed in Hawaii at 7am the same freaking day. Talk about Groundhog Day! We got in our super schnazzy (not!) Chrystler 300 (although, I'm not complaining... it does have leather and AC and cruise control! WaaHoo for US cars!!) and headed out to waste some time before we could check in to our beach cottage. We decided that we'd take a drive up to the North Shore... unbeknownst to us, it's the big surfing contest week, so it looked more like SoCal than Hawaii up there. We even saw Terry O'Quinn (John, my most fave character from the only show that I EVER watch, LOST!!!) in the parking lot of FoodMart. He looked dapper on his cell phone in a ravishing t shirt and newsboy hat. He Rocks! I even was a total dork and took a picture of him from across the parking lot. I'll post it later. It was a crappy picture. (Sometimes a girl should just use automatic settings, you know? Then we ate at Kua Aina Burger and got a shave ice with ice cream and azuki beans at Matsumoto. YUM! On the way home, we stopped at the Dole Pineapple Plantation and took the train tour around the fields. Finally we headed back to the commissary and to the cottage for some much needed rest.

Yesterday, we found a surf board on Craigslist for Daddy and drove to the other side of the island to get it. Then we ate a really late lunch at L&L Drive-in. Then I got really sick. Daddy went surfing and I took the kids to the beach. Yesterday was rather relaxing.

Today, we went to the beach all morning. We buried Monkey. The kids looked like cinnamon-sugar covered snickerdoodles. I got a little bit of a tan. Then we left and went to the Flea Market at the Stadium and got t-shirts. It wasn't as good as I remembered. Darn. Then we came back and went to Boston's pizza. That was awesome. Just like I remembered it. Now we're back at the cabin, getting the kids ready for bed... and I'm quite sleepy myself!!

On Friday, we leave here for the US! WaaHoooooooooo!!! Can't wait to see ya'll!

No comments: