Ok, so Daddy's been gone for a long time. I honestly can't even tell you how long. But he's been home like two months all year. That about sums it up.
We've been trying to keep busy. The kids have school, and I've been working my booty off with the photography business. Almost every night, we have dinner with a friend, either at a friend's house or have a friend over to our place. It makes the time go by much faster when you're not eating alone. And, yes, I realize I'm not technically alone... but there is a dramatic difference between eating while yelling at two children to hurry up and eat, don't eat with your fingers, sit up straight, don't drink all of your milk first, eat your food, don't play with it, etc... and ignoring two children while you have a semi-normal adult conversation over dinner. Those of you with kids will know exactly what I'm talking about. Those of you without kids will probably think I'm a horrible person.
I'm not sure if its due to my hormones, or Daddy being gone, or the high amounts of stress I'm under trying to prepare for our move (without physically being able to do anything to prepare for the move... I'll get to that in a bit.) but, I've been crazy emotional. I cry at the drop of a hat. Seriously, people, no dropping of hats allowed around these parts. I don't know what it is, but everything is making me cry. Yelling at the kids, I cry. The kids do something nice, I cry. Something nice happens to me, I cry. I read something on the news, I cry. This sucks. I'm not a real crying emotional type of gal. I don't like to cry. Oh, gracious, please don't make me watch a sappy movie. I'll bawl my eyes out til I turn 30.
OK, so you want to know about the move, eh? Sure thing. Well... here's the long and short of it. Here's about how far I am in the process... . Yup. That's about it. Our orders have been processing now for like two months. That's right. It takes over two months to get three signatures on a piece of paper around here. Sound frustrating? Oh, believe me, it IS. So I heard like two weeks ago that the papers were signed and waiting to return to my hub's place of business. But they weren't. That was a farse. I'm not sure who dropped that ball, but someone did. And I'm not happy about it. So then over the weekend, the guy tells me that he'll figure it out. And so I'm happy again. But not for long. I ran into the guy at the post office on Tuesday and he'd done absolutely nothing for me. Nothing. And, yes, I understand that these people are busy, and it's probably the very last thing that they care about... getting me and the kids off of this rock and back to the east coast before Daddy deploys again... but seriously... don't freaking LIE to me! So... noone called me today. I'm going to call him back tomorrow, and pray that they aren't taking a four day.
So there you go. My life in a few paragraphs. Now I'm going to bed. Goodnight, all...
No comments:
Post a Comment