Ok, so i'll be the first to admit it, i suck at this blogging thing anymore. I've been trying not to be on the computer all darn day long... yet i'm still on here doing other crap from dawn til dusk it seems.
Photography is doing well. I worked well over 40 hours last week and made -$38. (Yes, that is a negative. Had to pay the babysitter while I was out doing photo shoots.) So i'm not really on a good roll or anything. More like a moldy 'ol stale bagel.
Daddy left again yesterday morning. Super early. Luckily i didn't have to take him anywhere for drop off... but I woke up at 4am with him and couldn't get back to sleep, so that sucked.
Yesterday after church, a friend of mine called me at 2 to see if we wanted to come to her son's pool party at 4. (ok, so scratch friend and replace with acquaintance.) we had nothing else going on, so we ran out to the store to get the kid a gift (what do 9 year olds like anyway? i got him an array of paper airplanes that fly with rubber bands.) and made it to the party at 4. when we walked onto the scene, my friend walks up to me, the birthday boy is coming our way... i say "happy birthday!" and he looks at his mom and says "mom, did you invite these people?" hmm... afterthought, ya think?
So its a pool party... we all get in and play, then out to eat, then Monkey wants to get back in, but Mel doesn't. So i grab my camera and sit at the poolside with Mel. I take a shot of Monkey jumping in and i hear a splash next to me. Mel had jumped in the pool, sunk to the bottom, popped back up and was treading water like a champ, keeping her face out. Go Josiah! (Her swim instructor a few weeks ago. Obviously the class wasn't a total waste.) So... i set my camera down behind me and jump in the pool fully dressed. Fun for me.
Daddy is finishing up a school. I'll be so glad when its all over. These last 2 weeks have been full of grumbling, yelling, disagreements, and overall yuckiness. I hate stress in his life. Makes me quite miserable! Who says when momma ain't happy? I'm pretty sure its Daddy.
From this post it sounds like my life is terrible! But let me assure you its wonderful! The kids are growing like weeds. Mel is so much less whiny than ever before. She's got the whole sweet talk thing going for her now when she wants something. Her hair is getting so long... finally. Her bangs can actually get in her eyes! Yay! Monkey is doing so well at karate. Better than me! He gets better scores at punching and kicking the sack than I do! Mel came into my bed this morning eating almonds she'd gotten herself out of the cabinet... so tonight while doing my bible study, i had a little snack.
And just so you don't forget what we look like... These pics are of us when we went to play mini golf a few weeks ago. Obviously before I chopped my hair. Oh, how I miss thee.
1 comment:
You guys all look great! I will post a new picture of me when I lose all this weight! I will do a reveal on the blog :)
Post a Comment