Wednesday, May 23, 2007

We have eggs!

I am reposting yesterday's post (this one) above today's post (the following one) so that those of you who didn't read the blog yesterday get them in order. =o)
I knew something was up yesterday when the female barn swallow was sitting on her nest, moving back and forth, looking quite uncomfortable... and i was right! I left her alone yesterday... but today I watched until she flew the coop (or is it coup?) and got some shots of yet another miracle in the works. Check out those two fabulous eggs! I'm so excited!

Notice how there are feathers sticking out about 2 inches down from the top of the nest. Apparently she had finished the other day... and then decided she needed it to be taller. Weird. Maybe they kept building because she wasn't ready to lay... who the heck knows.... anyway, it's so freaking cool.
So this morning, I've been talking to Monkey about his dentist appointment since he came in and woke me up at 530. Ranting and raving about how fun it would be, he got a new tooth brush and got to use the little hand vacuum to suck all the spit out of his mouth. So we go to BigLots (I told him I'd get him a spin brush and I know they have them for really cheap ($3.50 vs. $5+ at the commissary; and Mel hates it.) and Target (returned a pair of pjs I'd bought for Daddy that didn't fit and got Mel some instead) and headed over to the dentist... where I was a month off. And they couldn't fit us in. So the kids were crying, bawling that they didn't get to go to the dentist today. Mel was so upset she almost threw herself down on the ground outside of the car. It was very upsetting for all of us.

Here's Monkey in his helmet and goggles. This day, Daddy showed him how to properly land when you're parachuting, so Monkey practiced by jumping off of the coffee table. I suppose it could be worse... he could be jumping off of the dining table or the armoire, right?

Here's Mel all ready for the beach in her new PFD and sunglasses, you should have heard her crying when I took it off of her. She loves it.



On to some good news, though... today I got one of my birthday packages... no, it's not my birthday for another few weeks... but Daddy knows how I hate to wait... and really, if I already know what I'm getting, what's the point in waiting when I can have it NOW!? Wanna know what it is? Well, I'm not telling! HAHA!! I'll take some pics when I get it in the mail today.

No comments: