Sunday, July 05, 2009

Home again ,home again, jiggity jig...

Well, we've been globe trotting now for several months. And now we're back in JP. We went to Tokyo, the Philippines, a beach resort, Virginia, Pensylvania, and I went to NJ and NY without the kids. Next week, we have another retreat on a nearby island. Then Daddy will be home in a few weeks, and we'll be taking a little vacation with him. After that, the kids will go to school. Daddy will be back at work, and life will be a little more scheduled.

We had lots of fun in VA with grandma, grandpa, aunt K, uncle S and all of the cousins. Got lots of shopping done. Left with 2 suitcases which were barely full, and came home with 5 overflowing ones. Needless to say, there were many sales to be had.

Life is strange right now. I am at home, yet I feel so un-home-ish. I don't think I will ever go "home" again while we're living so far away. It just makes it harder at home to settle in. Especially because we moved at PCS season, a lot of the people I knew before we left are now gone and replaced with more new people. I feel like a newbie all over again. So unsettled. And this jet-lag is terrible. Way worse this time. We went to take a nap yesterday around 1, and slept until 7. Then got up, ate dinner, went to bed at midnight. Woke up at 530. It's like we sleep half of the day and half of the night. So not condusive to anything.

I've been trying to load some pics from our last month, but I'm not really succeeding. I'll try once more. If there aren't any photos on this post, I do apologize. They'll have to come later.

Ok, so pics aren't loading. Sorry.

Oh- Monkey is reading now. And I woke up to Mel counting to 30. (I don't think she would have ever done that if she knew I was listening. Little stubborn girl.) The kids are growing up so darn fast.

1 comment:

Our Life said...

Glad you guys made it 'home' safe !!!