Friday, December 05, 2008
The New Bible
The Bible has taken on a new form. Read about it here. The author says that he's "not particularly religious. I'm not telling anyone they should believe." And that "the Bible is a profitable chance for people to look again at their world." What do you think about this new magazine-type Bible and it's messages?
1 comment:
One must know the bible in its unaltered form before they can turn to the more creative versions. Because someone reads a book with the word "bible" in its title doesn't make it so. We are admonished in Revelation..."I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are discribe in this book."
Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 10:34 " Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a swors. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law---a man's enemies will be his own household." Futher in Matthew (10:38)"...and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me"
The bible is the inherent word of God...in its full text it is the path to salvation. If a book is published that deminishes God's word it is leading those who read it astray...I offer caution...know and believe the true word of God...simply getting out a "bible", which may be inaccurate it not saving souls, but damining them. In John 8:32 Jesus tells us that through his teachings we will know the truth and the truth shall set us free and in 14:6 Jesus told us He is the way, the truth, and the life. To convince people to read a diluted version of the bible is not "getting the word out"...
Post a Comment