Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

This year's recap...

We brought in 2008 with most of the family in our home in Washington. It was a joyous occasion with a house full of eight adults and six children and three dogs.

In January, Gma and Gpa moved across the world to Madagascar. Thank goodness for Skype!

In February, funny, I can't think of anything that happened in February. Must have been pretty boring!

In March, my mom flew from Cali to visit us in WA. I hadn't seen her in six years, so it was the first time she'd met the kids. Also, the melting crayon disaster happened this month. And it's not that it was a landmark of the year, but it was rather funny now that I look back.

In April, Mel dislocated her elbow. Daddy graduated from school (finally after 2.5 years, you'd think he'd have a degree or something with all that work!) so we flew to NC for his graduation. Then I visited my BFF Lins in New York and had a wonderful time while Daddy stayed at home with the kids (what a swell guy). Then we packed out, listed out house for rent, sold the Expedition, and jumped on the plane to visit some friends in Taiwan on our way to our new home in Japan.

In May, we found our apartment and moved in. Daddy got a Delica.

In June, I turned 28 and Daddy turned 34. Monkey and Mel took swim lessons. Monkey began karate. The kids had their first ice cream cones ever.

In July, Lins and Alan got hitched! I finally got a car- a Challenger.

In August, I started karate. I started my photography business.

In September, Mel turned 3 and had a Lilo and Stitch party.

In October, Mel's bangs finally grew in... almost.

In November, Monkey turned 5 and had a Madagascar party. Daddy and I hit the 9 year mark. Barak Obama was elected president.

In December, Monkey and I had our karate tests and graduated to a red and a blue belt! We took our first real vacation ever through Japan visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka. And welcomed in the new year back at home!

Ok, so this year wasn't chock full of interesting stuff to blog about in my recap, but it was a good year over all. Nothing earth shattering, nothing boring us to death. I hope that you all have had a wonderful year and are looking to 2009 to be ROCKIN'! Lots of love and hugs to you all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! (Can you freaking believe it?!)

No comments: