Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

We're sitting here playing cards with the kids and all we can hear is "Tlick or Tleat" (Seriously. That's what we hear. "L's" and all.) We don't celebrate All Hallows Eve because it's a pagan holiday for Satan and I know he loves it, which is just enough for me not to want to jump into the celebration. Not only that, but we're not big on candy, so we kinda miss the whole point of trick or treating. We're lucky that the kids are young enough not to be invited to any parties. I did hear of a few going on tonight. And maybe I just don't have any friends, but I'll blame it on the fact that the kids are too young, just so I feel better about myself.

Update: We heard the "tlick or tleaters" coming up the stairs to our apartment so we told the kids to keep quiet. The kids outside literally waited for an entire minute or more, saying "tlick or tleat" over and over. Then tried to open our front door. Little rude kids. Thank goodness we locked it! I hope there's not a turd on our front step!

1 comment:

Faith said...

They actually tried to open the door? Wow. Different culture, I guess.

Here in Germany we don't have to worry about it since they don't appear to celebrate the holiday (or at least not in our town). They actually have a totally separate one called "Witches Night" (Hexen Nacht), which is...can't remember, actually. It's kind of like Mischief Night, or the night before Halloween in The States. Mainly just a good night to get trashed and throw things around. Or something like that. Because, you know, they don't get drunk any other time. Right.