
I can't believe Monkey is going to be 5. FIVE people, FIVE!! There is absolutely nothing that he needs or wants. Mel's lego blocks that she got for her bday seem to be the joy of toys for now. Kids are so funny. We buy them toys to play with in the shower and what are their favorites? Daddy's shaving cream lids. Oh- and to tell you about the image above... that's what happens when my child says "Holy Sh!#" trying to show off when we had some friends over the other night for dinner. Not too tasty. Speaking of my Mister Monkey...
He kills me. I will never home school for real. I can hardly get him to cooperate to do a simple kindergarten workbook. Absolutely refuses to tell me what letter comes after N. Would rather get spankings and be stubborn than tell me O. Ridiculous. Sorry, Daddy, your wife will not be one of those Super Moms who can bake, clean, knit, cook, and home school. Just not gonna do it. I think I'd be in an asylum before kindergarten was over. I lift my hat to those moms out there who have the patience to put up with their own children.
On to better things... I have a new crush. Tapioca pudding cups by Swiss Miss. I eat them daily, if not more often. And dessert, over all, has risen to the top of my charts for most favorite things ever. I didn't think that in Japan (where they like flavors like goya and sesame and fill sweets with things like sweet potatoes, curry and beans) my love for all things dessert would rise to such high standards... or maybe it's just that... that my dessert standards have lowered and therefore, I'll eat anything with sugar as an ingredient. Hmm...
Business is NOT booming. I don't think people have money to blow on pictures right now. Or at least not people here that speak English. So business is very very slow... which leaves me time to spend with the kids... play with them... go to birthday parties and such. Fun, stressful, busy, wonderful times.......
Oh- and I'll leave you with this... it's from last Friday on my way to Bunco as an 80's rocker.
1 comment:
You look so cute as a rocker!
Re: homeschooling -- if it's something that doesn't work for your family, it's good that you're being realistic about it and not stressing out or feeling guilty. Every child has different needs, and every mother has different ways of being the Very Best Mom to their kids, and if sending them off to school is the best thing for you all, then go for it! No judgment here, certainly. =)
Post a Comment