No, i haven't fallen off of the face of the earth. Daddy got "the call" last Saturday afternoon. Then he packed and left first thing Sunday morning. Knowing he was leaving, we went out for a nice dinner at a place called Asian Gate. We'd passed it a thousand times on our way home and decided we needed to check it out. The parking lot was around back and it smelled of fresh manure. We got inside and it was tiny, low lit, and quaint. Loved the decor (asian, of course, but still very nice and newer than most restaurants we'd visited). We were seated and given the English menu to find what we wanted to try. There were little stars by the most popular dishes, so I chose one of those. Marinated and fried pig legs. Sounded pretty good, i thought... I do love pork. The waiter came by with a tray of fresh caught fish. Snapper and something else. Daddy chose the snapper. So dinner comes and sitting in front of me are four cuts of a pig's leg, fried brown, containing absolutely no pork whatsoever. Just skin, fat, and leg bones. Not too appetizing or good for the mouth that doesn't necessarily like the feeling of fat on the tongue. They each got ripped open and searched for any morsel of meat, then laid back onto the plate. Daddy's fish is sooo good. It's on a plate with the entire fish skeleton, curled and fried, in the middle staring up at you while you eat its fillet which was fried in butter and garlic. (Grandma would have swelled just from smelling it!)
In this past week, we've been keeping busy with errands. We haven't done a whole lot of fun stuff for some reason. Hung out at home a lot. Watched a few movies. Ate a lot of food. Went to the yen store a few times. Nothing exciting. This week we're going to try to make it to the zoo, which I have heard is really small and it sad because of the way they keep the animals, and Kung Fu Panda plays at the theatre on Sat. I might be ready to take the kids to a movie. Maybe. Maybe if i bring a ton of snacks they'll sit there and watch a movie for the whole time. At least it's cheap enough that if we have to leave it won't be a total bummer.
Ok, so that's enough for now. I need a nap from life.
1 comment:
Mmmm, yummy, I think I will love to eat pig legs and the bones. I think it will be deeelicious.
Maybe you can take me there some time with "Monkey". Can "Monkey' eat there? What did he choose?
I love you. Do you want to go to Thailand or Singapore with our family after Christmas?
I love you more, okay, bye bye, "Monkey and Mel and Auntie and Uncle"
Oh and think Monkey wants to see JR's head. They have the same head.
Okay, bye, bye.
Love,
C-man
Post a Comment