Sunday, November 18, 2007

Monkey's Motorcycle Party


Monkey wanted a Harley party for his birthday. I had the toughest time finding anything Harley themed... so I got orange and black plates, orange canvas tote bags (for goodie bags) and put the harley shield on it with each kid's name, orange and black streamers (which i ended up not even using), and because of the lack of finding anything else, i went to our local Harley dealer in desparation. They were so freaking nice. The mgr gave me a bag FULL of balloons, keychains and stickers. My sweet friend Dawn came over and helped me cook and prepare the food on Friday... meatballs, chicken skewers, deviled eggs, veggies and dip, and some other finger foods, and of course, the cake. I found this cake online and used it for ideas for Monkey's cake. Unfortunately, I made the wrong kind of fondant... should have made rolled and made the pour kind... should have researched more. Anyway, it came out looking cool, even though it wasn't exactly what I'd planned. After icing the cake with buttercream frosting, i refrigerated it for about 15 mins and then topped the frosting with the fondant. Then my smart hubby had the idea to wrap it with wax paper and pop it into the freezer for a few minutes... which worked really well to get the fondant smooth. Anyway, here are some photos from the last few weeks. I can't wait til Christmas. =o)

3 comments:

S and K said...

So wish I was there!
Happy Birthday MONKEY boy!
Can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Love you,
Aunty KT

Jennifer said...

So cute! The bags look great and that cake is amazing! Go mama!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! WOW nice cake!!! At first I thought you bought it. Must have taken you a long time. Looks like you had a great time...... See you @ Christmas. Love, Carrie