Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fun in the Sun

This is home. That photo of me with that lush forest background that so many of you think is my back yard... this will show you that it was not. However, my back yard is lush and green, it is only 50 x 10 feet and enclosed by a nice privacy fence. Ain't it gorgeous!?
Last weekend, we went to Cali for Grandpa's retirement ceremony, which was absolutely wonderul. (Go, Grandpa and Grandma! We're so proud of you guys!!) We had a great time with the whole family. It's always nice to be able to get together with everyone. It's on those occasions that I can truly see how blessed I am with my family. I never could have imagined that I would end up with such a wonderful group of people.

We partied and partied, went to the beach, relaxed in the Cali sunsets, and visited Sea World. Enjoy these photos from our exciting weekend!!



The kids with Great Grandma V




Grandma kisses are the BEST!
My cutie niece Midge
At the beach!
Daddy and Uncle S building a great castle with the kids




Last night after dinner, Daddy talked me into letting him cut Mel's hair. I figured she'd still look cute if she was bald, so I let him have at it... then we went to the park.








A few weekends ago, we went downtown to an oyster bar on the water front. It was so nice to get out and enjoy a meal with two behaving children! We ate, walked the boarddwalk, and saw some things you'll only see on the west coast. See for yourself!




On one side of the street were hippies protesting the war. They had just eaten at the super expensive oyster bar and when the protest was complete, they hopped into their beamers.Here were their opponents across the street.
And at the park down the boardwalk, there were some modern grungies meeting, getting set up for the upcoming hemp fest. Hmm... think there will be some pot smoking there?
Here we are in front of the capitol building
And a photo of the boats at the dock outside of the restaurant.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous pics!! I love her little 'do. :D Looks like a really fun trip!

Jennifer said...

Oh! And your house is lovely!