Thursday, June 07, 2007

Oh my little MEL


Today Mel is potty training herself, and I say this because it was not my decision. (If it were up to me, she'd stay in diapers until at least 25.) She's completely undressed herself, refuses to put any clothes back on and goes to the potty every so often (completely refuses any help to get up there on the big potty (because, I mean, duh, who is going to use a potty that they can just sit down on!?) and hasn't had an accident in the floor yet (knock on wood). I did manage to get a diaper on her for her nap though. She's gotten really independant as of late. Totally refuses to wear any sort of night gown to bed-- must be a short set. When getting dressed, she must put on her own clothes and shoes. She must get herself onto the potty. She must have her milk warm, and not just warm, but really warm. sometimes if she doesn't think its been in the microwave long enough, she won't even touch the cup, but she'll yell at me and say "warm" and throw herself into the floor. (Can you imagine that sweet thing being such a BRAT!?)
I am amazed at how the kids have grown, how life has changed. I can't believe Daddy will be 33 and I will be 27 (Happy Bdays to US!). It's so weird to think about how long we've been together; how we've grown into these adults and have our own family now.
Anyway, that's my thought for the day.

No comments: