Thursday, March 16, 2006

Change of plans


Ok, well Daddy won't be able to start his next school until May now, so as far as I know, we will be moving down there with him sometime in early April. Yes, this is about 6 weeks earlier than planned. It will be nice to have the 4 of us back together again. =)

Here at home, things are going very well. Mel kept me up all night last night. I finally got to actually sleep at 6am, then up at 720 to get ready for biblestudy. What a long day! Monkey and Mel are still cutting those teeth. Nothing through yet, but they're sure causing a lot of pain! Another day or two and Monkey'll be eating steak like a champ!

I'm just going to add to this blog since it hasn't been posted yet. I'm here with the kiddos by myself, as grandma has some business to attend for the weekend. Today was a super-long not-so-wonderful (but not horrible) kind of day. Went to lunch with Nanny and my father (also known as the sperm donor). He met Mel for the first time and saw Monkey again after almost 2 years (yes, Monkey is only 2 years and 3 months, so it's been a long time). Anyway- that was our outing for the day. Nap time came soon after, which was nice, and lasted til almost 4. (yay!) This afternoon was pretty killer. Mel didn't get a good nap in all day and she's begun this sortof unhappy sortof just wants to hear herself scream thing. It's cute for about 10 seconds, then it just makes you want to get ear plugs. To top off the day, Monkey had a good poo and as I was wiping, I missed the wipe at the edge and got a nice big nail full. I was going to take a pic for all of you out there who don't have kids yet and need some birth control, but thought that might be a little too much. A good ending to a long day: Mel ate about 5 spoons of cereal tonight for the first time. So we'll see if I can get any sleep tonight! And Monkey very sweetly called me back into his room because he wanted "buff-eye" kisses (butterfly kisses) and very gently pushed my glasses onto the top of my head to get them. Man, I love my kids.

No comments: