Monday, February 22, 2010

Obviously from the Christmas theme background when I first started writing, it's been a while since I last posted. Isn't the new birdie-in-a-tree background much much better!? Now-- if only it looked like birdies and budding trees outside!! Snow, snow go away! Come again another day! (Like some other day in 2011!)

We are in the process of purchasing two lots on a golf course and building a custom home in another state where we will be stationed when Daddy gets back. We were supposed to close on Feb 2. Then it got kicked to Feb 15. Then the 25. And now it's still going to take 10-15 more days. I fear that we won't have a house by the time we need to move! But it will all be worth it in the end... I pray.... We have finally placed each room where we want it... decided to scrap the bonus room above the garage and finish the basement instead... moved the second fire place from the master to the rec room... added a room here... moved a door there... and I think we're finally actually done! (It's been a loooong process since Daddy and I can only discuss things at night or early in the morning since we are 13 hours apart!)

We're still living with the in-laws (which includes Mom, Dad, Auntie K, Uncle S, and their 4 children). We've adjusted well now to living in a house with 11 people. Daddy is deployed again and will continue to be until September. Which really really sucks. I've never felt so alone in my life. The kids fill my heart with great joy (almost all of the time) but there's just something to be said about being so far away from your spouse for such a long time. Monkey is doing well in school. He got his first "report card" on Friday. He's exceeding academically. And he's had a few problems socially... but he's fitting in and finding his place well. Mel is doing awesome at homeschooling. Her handwriting and pencil control are amazing. She's going to be ready for school in the fall when we get to our new house. Thank goodness she makes the school cut-off by ONE day!

I'm getting really big with the new baby. He's growing and kicking me like a boxing champ. I'm finally fitting into my maternity jeans (kinda). Butt pains are getting worse, leg cramps are more frequent, and the damnit-i-can't-sleep pattern from not being able to turn onto my stomach at night all mark the 6 month period of gestation. I can't believe that in just 3 short months, we'll have a new bundle of warm snuggly (pooping, peeing, crying, eating) joy.

On a more urgent note... this week I travel about 4 hours south to pick up the newest(er) member of our family... my niece. She is just 3 months old. I'm a little anxious about having a 6 month old and a newborn at the same time... but I know that the Lord will supply me with everything that I will need when the time comes. I'm trying not to worry for now and remember to "Cast all my anxiety on Him" 1 Peter 5:7 and to "Cast my cares on Him and he will sustain me" Psalm 55:22. This is certainly all in His great plan... (and I'd really like to know what that is right now! But I guess I can wait.)

Anyway, please pray for me. For us. For our new growing family of soon-to-be 6. That the new baby as well as the rest of us will adjust quickly. That she will sleep and eat well (I'm going to try to tandem nurse. She has always been on formula, so I'm not sure as to how she will take the boob... but it would be a healthful benefit to her health, and a great way for the two of us to bond) and that she is healthy. Please also pray that this guardianship period leading to custody and the whole court processes will go smoothly and quickly.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Wow TWO babies! Congratulations on the new little additions!

J Walker said...

I enjoyed your update. I'm praying for you and I know you'll do great with the two new bundles of joy! They'll certainly help pass the time until J returns. I want to see pictures of YOU and that beautiful belly of yours!! I miss you!