Monday, December 04, 2006

Mr. T, Slides and Spiders






Goliath flipped his last fin on Saturday. What can you expect from a Wal-mart fish? So, I got Monkey another one. We suggested a few names for him, and Monkey chose Mr. T (usually he refers to him as just "T") for the "mohawk" he has, which is also the reason he got to come home with me. He is really frisky, but in a skittish sort of way. I give him 3 days.






We finally got out of the house today for a playdate at the park, where Monkey went down the big slide all by himself! In fact, he even went down head first! He's getting so brave!






After lunch, Mel and I went outside to take the mail to the box, when I found this guy on my front porch... notice it fills almost the entire baby food jar. Yes, I am getting pretty brave, myself. After some time online educating myself, I found that it is a Black House Spider... but no spider will live near my house if I can help it! (So it's slowly suffocating in the jar. What-- did you think I'd free it!? Daddy probably would, but he's gone now, so the spider must die.)

1 comment:

Faith said...

Gaaahh! That spider is freaky! Ohmygosh, I don't think I would have even trapped it.

The bread looks delicious. Honey butter is a really good idea. I think I'll make some bread tomorrow and try your "steam rising" trick. Oh shoot! I forgot to mention that in the podcast! Oh well, hopefully I'll remember next time, because it was a really good one, and a lot of people have been making the bread.