The hardest thing about Daddy being gone, I think, is the fact that I have a schedule with the kids that I follow every day and night (pretty much to a T). Nap time is at 1 (either falls asleep in the car or directly in bed after a story) and bedtime for Monkey is directly at 8 (or a few minutes prior) and Mel goes to bed soon after that. Since Daddy has been gone, i have been writing him a journal so he doesn't miss out on anything. Here's an excerpt that I think some of you will enjoy:
After nap, we played until dinner time… and then began our nightly routine which you will have to soon adjust to. I’ll fill you in. We make and eat dinner starting around 430 and ending around 530 or 6. Then we clean up and I feed Mel dinner at 630. At 7, the kids take a bath together in the big tub. That lasts until about 720 (dressed and all) then we take our vitamins together, clean up toys, go potty, brush teeth, read 2 stories, count toes, sing the abc’s, say prayers, give kisses, go potty, get in bed, turn off lights. Then I go out and feed Mel while Monkey tells me he has to go potty again (usually twice, the second time he’s usually screaming crying about to throw up b/c I really don’t want to let him get out of bed twice when he just got up, has a diaper on, and I know full well that he’s going to sit on the potty for a good 2 minutes before squeezing out a drop or two of pee while thinking the whole time “I have mommy wrapped around my little make-myself-throw-up-so-mommy-gives-in finger.”) anyway- that’s what happens every night. At some point in there, we usually have a short interlude of Monkey being silly making Mel laugh, of which I love and have to stop myself from enjoying it b/c it IS bedtime.
Yesterday, there was really loud artillery and Monkey says “thunder, mommy” and I said, “no that’s artillery” and so he says “no, that’s MY tillery, mommy.” Cracks me up, that boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment