Yuck. Or not so yuck, when i think about moving out of Georgia. Not that it's too bad here. Ghetto around base, but nicer out past exit 7. Strange how different things are out there past exit 7. Nonetheless, we are packing up and moving out. Tomorrow we turn this house into a maze of boxes, Thursday into an empty pit, and Friday we hit the road North.
Last Thursday, I was hit hard by the 36 hour stomach flu. I haven't been sick like that in over 5 years. Daddy was such a Super Man taking care of the two kiddos and me... and got sick, too, of course. Thank God neither of the kids got it. I'm not sure how they escaped, but man am I glad!!!
While I was wasting away in qarantine, Mel rolled from back to front for her Daddy. She seems to be totally in love with him, crying when he's not paying attention to her or leaves the room. (It's truly a beautiful thing.) Since then, I have had the pleasure to watch her roll accross the floor a few times. Parenting is such a joy. She's also sitting up on her own quite well. Not so much in the frog position, but still arching her back and toppling over sometimes. (See the cute pic.) =)
And... Mister Monkey (oh, is he a monkey!!) can now say the entire alphabet song as well as his night time prayers all by himself!! (Takes a little coaxing because he LOVES to sing "e-f-g", so that part gets repeated over and over again.) He is so smart. He can also count to three and knows that six comes after five (which is his fave number). He remembered my grocery list today, too, which was a total of 5 things (of which he remembered chicken instead of breadcrumbs for the chicken, but hey, he's 2.) Here's a cutie pic of him, too.Anyway- we'll be back to my hometown on Saturday. Until next time...
Smiles and hugs all around!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment